Valentine’s Day is a celebration of love and romance occur on February 21 every year. The day is also known as Saint’s Valentine’s Day or Feast of Saint Valentine. The Western Christians used to celebrate the day to give honor the Christian martyrs. Moreover, it is said that the day is evolved from a Roman festival called Lupercalia that is a fertility celebration.
On this day, people give flowers and cards to their loved ones. Red roses are also associated with Valentine’s Day. Furthermore, there is a tradition of giving carved spoons as a gift in some regions. People also give chocolates and candies to each other. Richard Cadbury invented the first Valentine’s Day candy box in the late 1800s. There is much more information about Valentine’s Day in this post. So, read these Valentine’s Day Trivia for Kids.
Valentine’s Day Trivia for Kids
1. What is the date of the Valentine’s Day celebration?
2. What does Valentine’s Day represent?
3. What are other names used for the day?
4. Why Western Christians used to celebrate the day?
5. What things usually people give to their loved ones on this day?
6. Who is said to be the symbol of Valentine?
7. Who was Cupid?
8. Why heart is associated with the Valentine’s Day?
9. What was the favorite flower of Venus?
10. Who invented the Valentine’s Day candy box?
Valentine’s Day Quiz
11. When the box was invented?
12. What is the average numbers of marriage proposals on this day all over the world?
13. What does the word ‘Valentine’ mean?
14. Who declared 14th February as Valentine’s Day (holiday)?
15. When the declaration was made?
16. What is the common gift in Whales on this day?
17. Where the oldest known Valentine’s Day card is displayed?
18. When the first Valentine’s Day card was made?
19. What was common among the friends and lovers during the mid-18th century for this day?
20. Who wrote the oldest known Valentine’s Day card?
Valentine’s Day Quizzes for kids
21. When he wrote the card?
22. Who is known as the Mother of the American Valentine?
23. Why she was given the title?
24. On average, how many cards are exchanged every year in the U.S. on this day?
25. What colors are associated with Valentine’s Day?
26. What is usually preferred among candies and flowers as gifts?
27. Which chocolate flavor is most famous in the U.S.?
28. From which Roman festival Valentine’s Day evolved?
29. What type of festival Lupercalia was?
30. What percent of Valentine’s Day roses are red?
31. What was the shape of the first Valentine’s Day candy box?
32. What do X and O stand for in XOXO?
33. Who gave the first love spoon as Valentine’s gift?
34. What was carved on the spoon?
35. Why the suitor gave the spoon as a gift?
MPhil in Economics with 6 experience in fieldwork. Also has experience in blogging, In blogging, I am a specialized writer in the following categories: sports, science, movies, space, and animal. Please feel free to contact me over my email.