These trivia include question-related to geography. Most of you, already know things about it but here, is to update and refresh your knowledge regarding geography. This portion includes questions related to the introduction of geography, what geography actually is. Moreover, some geography questions related to the United States of America. All these geography trivia for kids and hopefully, you’ll really like to read it.
Geography trivia for kids
1. Geography word derives from which language?
2. Geographia means?
3. Who was the first person to use word γεωγραφία?
4. Define geography?
5. Geography is often defined in how many branches?
6. Name that two branches?
7. What is human geography?
8. What is physical geography?
9. What are the four historical traditions in geographical research?
10. Geography also called?
11. Who are geographers?
12. Physical geography includes many categories?
13. Human geography includes?
14. What is planetary science?
15. What is areology?
U.S geography trivia questions and answers
16. Which is the world’s third-largest country in size?
17. What is the capital of America?
18. What is the population of the US?
19. Currency used in the US?
20. What is the form of government in the US?
21. Major rivers of America?
22. The lowest point in America is?
23. The highest peak in America is?
24. The national bird of the US is?
25. The country is divided into 6 regions. Name it?
26. President lives in the?
27. Name the two houses of Congress?
28. Who elected as President of the United States in 2008?
29. In which year, it declared as an independent country from Britain?
30. Which has the largest coal reserves in the world?
Geography trivia facts
31. Which is the only country that covers four hemispheres?
32. Which is the smallest country in the world?
33. Which country spans 11 time zones?
34. Name the world’s tallest mountain?
35. Name the deepest part of the ocean?
36. Which country is wider than the moon?
37. How many meters below the sea level, the dead sea is located?
38. What is big and little Diomede?
39. How many percents of Earth’s population lives in the Northern Hemisphere?[/su_spoiler] [/su_accordion]
40. Which country has more people than all of Canada?
41. Earth’s greatest sheer vertical drop (4,101 feet) situated in?
42. It is said that the Continents shift at about the same rate as?
43. What is cartography?
44. GPS stands for?
45. GIS stands for?
In this portion, we include the questions related to the history of geography, mapping, etc. The contribution of European and Muslim geographers in order to make the world’s map. More it includes some interesting facts about geography and our planets for the kids. Let’s have a look at it…
Medium geography questions for kids
46. The oldest world-known map is?
47. What is gnomon?
48. Who invents this gnomon?
49. Who is also credited with the prediction of eclipses?
50. Foundations of geography Cam be traced into which era?
51. Who was the first to explore geography as both art and science?
52. Who was able to demonstrate that the profile of the Earth was circular by explaining eclipses?
53. Who was one of the first estimates of the radius of the Earth?
54. Which Muslim geographer produced a detailed world map?
55. Which Turkish geographer, drew a world map on a linguistic basis?
56. Who was the first described a polar equi-azimuthal equidistant projection of the celestial sphere?
57. Who founded the “Balkhī school” of terrestrial mapping in Baghdad?
58. Name some Muslim geographers?
59. Name some European explorers?
60. Who invents the chronometer?
Geography quiz questions and answers 2017
61. What is Grand Canyon in Arizona/USA?
62. This largest canyon steep sides have been cut out by the Colorado River for a length of about?
63. Name the longest international border situated in between?
64. How many km/miles long the border is?
65. The world’s largest Sahara desert located in the?
66. When our planetary system was formed?
67. How many stars moving about in our milky way?
68. How many planets our solar systems have?
69. Name that 8 planets?
70. Which planet is closest to the sun?
71. The largest planet of our solar system is?
72. How many mercuries would fit into the earth?
73. Which planet has no water on it?
74. How many temperatures of Mercury planet is?
75. Which mission was launched in October 2018 and now travels in space towards Mercury?
National geographic trivia for kids
76. Which is the hottest planet of our solar systems?
77. The temperature of Venus is?
78. Who successfully landed eight space probes on Venus during the 1970s and 1980s?
79. Which planet has two moons?
80. Name two moons of Mars?
81. Which planet’s surface has a Great Red Spot?
82. What is Juno?
83. Which planet is the second-largest and known for its ring?
84. In 2005, who landed a space-probe called ‘Huygens’ on Titan(largest moon of Saturn)?
85. Why Uranus is blue in color?
86. Neptune is the furthest planet from the Sun. How many years for Neptune to go once around the Sun?
87. Who was the first man to land on the moon and made the first steps on the moon in 1969?
88. He erected a flag on the moon. Which country’s flag was that?
89. Who were the first men to climb and reach the top of the world’s highest mountain, Mount Everest?
90. Japan is referred to be the?
It includes some easy MCQs for the kids as well as some fun facts related to the solar system, about US geography, continent facts, ocean facts, etc. How much you guys know about the world, our solar system. First, you have to try by your self then look at the answer. How much you can answer these questions. Go through it…
Geography trivia questions and answers multiple choice
91. Which is the fifth largest planet of our solar systems?
92. How many percents of water covers the surface of the earth.
93. How many oceans are there covering the surface of our globe?
94. The biggest ocean in the world is?
The Atlantic Ocean
The Southern Ocean
The Pacific Ocean
The Indian Ocean
95. The largest coral reef in the world is located in?
96. The Southern Ocean is home for?
Penguin and Wandering Albatrosses
Try this also: Animal trivia for kids and for grade 2 students
97. Which continent is known as the cradle of humankind?
98. How many continents are there in total?
99. Hawaii is famous for?
Museum and shopping
Volcanic island and Beaches
Skiing and winter sports
100. How many countries on the African continent?
101. Vatican city located inside the?
102. World’s largest island belongs to?
103. The only natural lake is found in which city of the US?
104. New Zealand is under the continent of?
105. Most languages are spoken in which continent?
Geography quiz game for kids
106. Name the third largest continent in size and fourth-largest in population?
107. How many countries are there in North America?
108. Which is the largest continent in the world?
109. The smallest continent of the planet is?
110. Which continent considered to be the wealthiest and richest continent?
111. Which continent is almost completely with ice?
112. The driest place on earth is?
113. Name seven continents of the world?
114. Which is also an island but considered a continent?
115. The largest city in North America?
116. The largest country in North America?
117. Which is considered the third most isolated mountain peak in the world?
118. Name the longest river in North America?
119. What is the challenger deep?
120. Name the 5 oceans of the globe?
Read more: 120+ best and basic sports trivia for kids | NBA, NFL, Tennis, Soccer