Kids are naturally curious to learn any new or interesting thing. Therefore, they want to know fascinating facts about everything. Today, we have collected some surprising facts about Jellyfish. Do you know they are the oldest animal on earth? In addition, more than two thousand species exist all around the world. Moreover, you will be surprised to know that they are actually invertebrates, not fish. Want to learn more facts about jellyfish? Then, continue reading these jellyfish facts for kids.
Jellyfish Facts for Kids
1. Jellyfish are the oldest (even before dinosaurs) animals on Earth.
2. There are almost more than two thousand species of jellyfish all around the world.
3. Jellyfish do not have a brain, lungs, or heart.
4. They are actually invertebrates, not fish.
5. Jellyfish can clone themselves, which means if you cut a jellyfish into two they can redevelop and become two individual jellies.
6. Although, Jellyfish have very long tentacles they never tangle.
7. A Jellyfish’s body is comprised of 95 percent water.
8. The smallest jellyfish can be 0.04 inches.
9. Jellyfish can be as big as 6.6 feet.
10. There can be more than 100,000 jellies in a group of Jellyfish.
11. Some Jellyfish can glow in a dark.
12. There is a type of Jellyfish, which can kill, humans.
13. There are 25 types of jellyfish, which are edible.
14. Jellyfish usually eat other sea creatures.
15. Some jellyfish have teeth.
16. In 1991, over two thousand jellyfish were traveled to space.
17. There is a type of jellyfish, which is immortal.
18. Jellyfish digest their food very quickly.
19. Some Jellyfish do not have tentacles.
20. There is an Australian box Jellyfish, which is considered the most venomous marine animal on earth.
21. There are various names for a group of jellyfish such as bloom, smack, or swarm.
22. Bloom and Swarm are not interchangeable for one group.
23. Jellyfish can sting even if they are not alive.
24. The largest known species of jellyfish is called the hair Jelly.
25. Jellyfish are widely consumed in the East.