Thanksgiving is an annual holiday celebrated in many countries including the United States, Canada, Grenada, Liberia, and Saint Lucia. The day of celebration differs in the countries while the traditions are almost the same. The tradition of Thanksgiving started during the period of the English Reformation. While in the United States it started in 1578. The day is celebrated for giving thanks to the blessing of the harvest.
Turkey, bread stuffing, potatoes, pumpkin pie, and cranberries are the traditional meals of Thanksgiving in the United States and Canada. People visit their relatives and arrange family parties and gathering on the day. Parades and football games also held on this occasion. The famous parade is named Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade which was first held in 1924.
The 2020 Thanksgiving was different from others due to the Covid-19 pandemic. People restricted their family gatherings and avoided traveling. They were advised to celebrate the day by wearing masks and keeping social distance. Learn more about Thanksgiving Day for your Kids in this post under Thanksgiving Trivia for Kids.
Thanksgiving trivia for kids
1. What is Thanksgiving?
2. In which countries Thanksgiving Day is observed?
3. Why the day is celebrated?
4. When Thanksgiving is celebrated in Canada?
5. When the day occurs in the United States?
6. In which country the day is observed on the first Thursday of November?
7. When the day will occur in the United States?
8. What would be the date of thanksgiving in Canada this year?
9. When the tradition of Thanksgiving started?
10. How many Church holidays were there before 1536?
11. When the first celebration of Thanksgiving occurred in North America?
12. What is the traditional Thanksgiving meal?
you can also read this harry potter trivia questions
13. Which is the busiest holiday in the United States?
14. When the Americans modeled the holiday?
15. Which sport is commonly associated with the holiday?
16. Who made Thanksgiving an official holiday in the United States?
17. When the day became a holiday officially in Canada?
18. Who campaigned for national Thanksgiving in the United States?
19. Why she started the campaign?
20. Who supported her movement?
21. Who chose the third week in November as the Thanksgiving holiday?
22. Which president rejected to recognize thanksgiving?
23. What was a staple on New England’s Thanksgiving table?
24. When the first Thanksgiving football match held?
25. Among which teams the match held?
26. For how many days the first Thanksgiving was celebrated?
27. Who is known as the ‘Mother of Thanksgiving’?
28. What odd thanksgiving gift was received by President Calvin Coolidge?
29. What is the name of the parade occur on Thanksgiving?
30. When the first Macy’s Parade happened?
31. Who changed the day of Thanksgiving?
32. What was the date of Thanksgiving in 2016?
33. What were the precautions for celebrating Thanksgiving in 2020?
34. When did George Washington call for the Day of Thanksgiving?
35. How Washington celebrated Thanksgiving Day?
36. What does Macy’s Thanksgiving parade originally call?
37. When in the parade animals were replaced by rubber balloons?
Enjoying reading? try these random trivia questions also
38. How long was the first Macy’s parade?
39. Why Roosevelt changed the date to earlier?
40. What were the meals on the first Thanksgiving Day?
So kids how was your experience about these easy thanksgiving trivia for kids post? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.